Amaretto Coconut Bread
1/4 cup Amaretto
ounces Coconut milk
1/2 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
tablespoon Baking powder
cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
- Blend together tofu and sugar thoroughly in an electric mixer or
by mashing them together in a large mixing bowl with the utensil of
your choice. :-)
- Mix Amaretto and coconut milk into tofu until well blended.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Toss in
coconut flakes, then add dry ingredients to liquid mixture and blend
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until done, about 50
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Toasted slices of this bread are very nice with tea, coffee, or
your fave hot beverage.
Note: 1 teaspoon of almond extract and 1/4 cup of water may be
substituted for the 1/4 cup
of Amaretto. 1 1/2 cups water plus 1/4 cup oil may be used instead of
Provided by Karen Mintzias
(Return to Recipe Index)
Recipe Table of Contents