Tex-Mex Rice & Bean Bake Recipe!
- 2 cups cooked brown or
- 1/4 cup fat-free
cholersteral free egg product
- 1 1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat
chedder cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 can (15-16 oz) pinto
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches, with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix rice, egg product, 1/2 cup of the picante
sauce and 1/2 cup of the cheese; press in bottom of baking dish.
- Mix beans and remaining 1 cup picante sauce; spoon over rice
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the chili powder.
uncovered 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let stand
5 minutes before serving. 6 servings
Recipe provided by Butch & Briana Johnson
(Return to Recipe Index)
Recipe Table of Contents