Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Serving Size: 6 Preparation Time: 0:20
Categories: Cereals/Grains Chinese
tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 eggs --
- 1 carrot
-- in 1/2" cubes
- 1 red
bell pepper -- in 1/2" cubes
cups cold cooked
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Mix to
and set aside.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat. When it begins to smoke,
tablespoons of peanut oil and the lightly beaten eggs.
- Stir until the
are firm but moist. Transfer the eggs from the skillet to a small bowl
break them into small curds. Set aside.
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the carrot
boil 1 minute. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again and reserve.
- Place a wok over medium-high heat. When it begins to smoke, add
1/4 cup of peanut oil and the garlic. Stir briefly.
- Add the carrots,
red pepper, and peas. Stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in the rice and stir-fry
- Pour in the sauce and cook until the rice is heated through,
5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve hot.
(Return to Recipe Index)
Recipe Table of Contents